Terms & Conditions
WHAT CAN I PUT IN THE MIXED NON-HAZARDOUS WASTE SKIP?
Please read and understand before Checking out.
Skips are for general and inert waste such as soil, garden waste, paper, plastics, wood, old furniture etc. Any waste on the list below cannot be placed in a general waste skip. If you do produce any of the following waste, please call 01473 830 373 to arrange a quotation or to ask for advice.
Please note – placing any of these items in the skip will mean extra charges or non-collection of your skip.
- Plasterboard– By arrangement only
- Fridges– By arrangement only
- Freezers– By arrangement only
- CRT TVs & Monitors (the old large backed ones)– By arrangement only
- Gas cylinders– By arrangement only
- Fire extinguishers– By arrangement only
- Tyres– By arrangement only
- Car batteries– By arrangement only
- Asbestos or Asbestos containing materials– By arrangement only
- Food waste– By arrangement only
- SACKERS LIMITED cannot and will not be held responsible or liable for any damage caused whatsoever if the hirer requests the company driver to take his vehicle off the Pubic Highway to deliver/position the skip in a location requested by the hirer or their representatives. Care will be taken in delivery. It is. However, the owners or their representative’s responsibility to ensure the surface is appropriate for receiving the ordered skip and vehicle.
- SACKERS LIMITED will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by failure to supply, or any delay in supply.
- The time allowed for loading/unloading is 15 minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this SACKERS LIMITED reserves the right to charge waiting time at £25.00 per 15 minutes.
- SACKERS LIMITED reserves the right to charge the customer for all costs incurred as a result of a late cancellation of service by way of a wasted journey charge of £75.00, being the minimum charge depending on skip/lorry size and location, up to a maximum of £150.00.
- Skips can only be placed on the public highway by prior arrangement with SACKERS LIMITED. A permit to site a skip on the public highway, including footpaths common land and verges, is required from the relevant local authority. SACKERS LIMITED can arrange the relevant permits to deposit a skip on the highway with the relevant local authority and a charge will be made. Charges vary with different local authorities.
- The hirer shall ensure that the skip is not overloaded by weight or by volume at the point of collection. All skips should be loaded so that they are not filled higher than the top of its sides. SACKERS LIMITED reserves the right to refuse to collect overloaded skips and any costs incurred due to unsafe loads/overloading (including wasted journeys) will be passed onto the hirer. Additional charges may be levied.
- The lighting of fires in or near skips is strictly prohibited. The hirer will be liable for any loss or damage to the skip container (excluding fair wear and tear) during the term of the skip hire period and will be charged the current purchase price of the skip should it be lost or stolen whilst on the customers site. Once a skip has been placed, it shall not be repositioned without prior consent from SACKERS LIMITED. Moving skips on site could result in the inability to collect skip or damage to the skip.
- The maximum rental period is 14 days for “non-account” customers and 28 days for “account” customers. It is the responsibility of the hirer to request the collection within this time. Failure to do so will result in unannounced collection.
- The responsibility for the skip remains with the hirer until collected by a SACKERS LIMITED vehicle. Any skips which are removed, lost or stolen whilst in the control of the hirer will be charged at full and new replacement value.
Tipping / Waste Disposal
- SACKERS LIMITED is registered with the Environment Agency as a waste carrier.
- Customers using SACKERS LIMITED skips and containers remain the owner of the waste until all debts are paid or the skip is collected. Non-adherence to the “What can I put in my skip” section of these conditions shall mean the waste liability remains that of the hirer until the matter has been settled.
- When tipping at SACKERS LIMITED sites vehicles may only use such portions of the sites as are allocated to them.
- Only waste permitted under the waste permit/licence or exemptions may be deposited on the sites.
- SACKERS LIMITED reserves the right to refuse any materials which it considers to be objectionable or unsuitable for deposit on the company’s sites.
- Material for deposit on our sites will only be accepted in line with the relevant law.
Sale of Materials
- All materials are sold on the basis that the weight or quantity is as stated on the conveyance note. SACKERS LIMITED will not accept any responsibility once the load has been discharged and accepted by the onsite signatory.
- Unless expressly agreed in writing SACKERS LIMITED prices are for materials as stated on the quotation. Where the customer requires an alteration in the grade or type of material, or where it becomes necessary to supply from another source, an extra charge may be made for any additional costs which may be incurred by SACKERS LIMITED.
- Risk in the goods shall pass to the customer on delivery following normal legal duties.
- Payment due following month end of date of invoice (account customers only). For non-account customers payment is due on or prior to delivery.